Thank you for visiting our site
On behalf of everyone at Evangel, we want you to know that we are committed to meeting the needs of people, wherever they are in life. People matter to God and they matter to us. We see ourselves as a church that can meet the spiritual needs of people in all of life’s varying circumstances and stages in a relevant and meaningful way. We believe at Evangel there’s something for everyone and we invite you to click on the areas of our ministry which are important to you and learn more about us.
While this will give you a glimpse of our ministries, the best way to discover what a church family is all about is by spending time with its people. God is doing some very exciting things in the hearts and lives of the people who call this their church home. So, come discover why you and your family will look forward to each and every Sunday at Evangel.
Tim & Heather Gross
There is always something happening at Evangel, with all kinds of activities going on to help you connect with other Christians and grow in your relationship with Jesus.
Sundays at 10:30 am
Our anchor worship experience is the Sunday service. There, we meet together to worship God and learn more about Him. There’s great music, video, talks on relevant issues that can be easily applied to your life, and the joy and excitement of being in God’s Presence. We hope you will experience it for yourself this Sunday.
Every church needs to have a statement that answers the question, “Why do we exist?” At Evangel, we filter every idea, program and budget request through our mission statement. If the plan doesn’t help us fulfill our purpose, then we don’t do it.
Our mission at Evangel is summarized in a single statement:
“Reaching people with the life giving message of Jesus Christ and helping them discover their full potential in Him.”
This statement of purpose is based on Colossians 1:28-29:
“We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.” (Colossians 1:28-29)
You can learn more about our purpose as a church at the Growth Track in CONNECT 101, and you can learn more about how your gifts and calling fit into that purpose in DISCOVER 301.Growth Track
What are Evangel’s core values?
1. Real life-change comes only by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:4-8; Zechariah 4:6)
2. Reaching lost people here and around the world is my job. (Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8)
3. Reflecting the diversity of our community doesn’t happen by accident. (Acts 11:20-21)
4. Open and honest small group relationships are for everyone. (1 Thessalonians 2:8; 1 Timothy 1:15)
5. Families are strengthened when parents are challenged and equipped to lead spiritually. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7)
6. A generous spirit is inviting and contagious. (Luke 6:38)
7. Excellence honors God and inspires people. (Colossians 3:23)